Storyboarding
The storyboarding process for our movie was honestly an enjoyable challenge. While I do not have any experience whatsoever when it comes to planning, directing, and filming movies; I do have a considerable amount of experience planning papers, essays, and stories. For me the storyboarding essentially felt like planning a narrative essay with the added elements of the film such as camera angles, camera movements, sounds, and the effects. While these added elements did prove to be slightly laborious, I feel as if it really challenged me to try to take this idea of a plot and create a vision of how Nathan and I are going to bring this movie to life. The storyboarding also allowed us to further develop our concept with more detail giving us more insight on how this project will play out.
Because neither I nor Nathan have prior experience when it comes to making films some additional research was necessary to allow us to feel more comfortable during this process. According to O'Brien (2005) it states that, “Good films are:
--Well thought-out
--tightly scripted
--well recorded
--carefully edited” this excerpt gave us an idea of the workload required to make a quality film. It also made us want to make sure we put enough details into the storyboard. Another excerpt that gave Nathan and I the framework for our storyboard was where it said, “The first step in storyboarding is defining the problem to be solved. This is followed by a group brainstorming session to determine two specific headers, the purpose and miscellaneous headers. The third step in the process is determining other headers as a complement to the two earlier ones” (Higgins, 1995). Even though the information from this excerpt was vague it felt like the perfect amount of vagueness because it showed us the direction go towards and allowed us to make it more personally and learn from the experience.


Comments
Post a Comment