Post Production 1
For the sake of time, Nathan and I decided to choose a day we both agreed on to use a full evening to finish filming that same evening. Even though we wanted to finish within our time goal by no means were we rushing through scenes. We would simply finish a scene then immediately start the next one.
Due to certain personal events, we ended up filming at my house instead of at Nathan’s. Unfortunately, our friend who help us with our last film was not available however, my brother, Justin, volunteered to fill in as Adam and as the ghost. My father volunteered to fill in for Nathan’s father as the father leaving for vacation.
First, we filmed the first scene in the movie where (now its Adam’s father because my brother said, “Bye Dad”, but it does not matter because that does not affect the story) Adam’s father leaves to go on vacation. This time we decided to just remove the scene where Muhammad and Adam share their excitement of having the house to themselves because it was unnecessary meaning it wasted time. Originally, the scene was supposed to give the audience direct evidence that Muhammad and Adam were home alone however in the scene with the father the father not only says “I’ll be back in a couple days” but he is dressed in tropical style clothing and has a suitcase. So, it is obvious that they will be home alone for a while. Cutting that scene lets us make other scenes longer and add new scenes.
In order to make the movie scary we had to make the ghost something to be afraid of. In our first draft the most violent/aggressive thing possessed Muhammad did was charge at then chase after Adam. So, this time we decided to listen to our peers’ feedback and add a violent scene. So, I took to YouTube to find out how to create a stabbing visual without any special equipment. And I found a video that showed me a great technique. The technique I used was I took a cardboard box that was about the width (as in shoulder to shoulder) of the actor being stabbed (Justin.) Then I put the same shirt as the actor being stabbed over the box so that the front of the shirt is on the flat bottom of the box. Then, from a wide angle I filmed Muhammad walking up to Adam and make a stabbing motion towards Adam then camera angle is supposed to quickly switch to an extreme close-up clip of the machete with fake blood (in our case ketchup and siracha) on it being stabbed through the box and the shirt creating a visual of possessed Muhammed stabbing the machete through Adam obviously killing him.
All in all, I was extremely happy that we were able to finish filming within the time frame we wanted to, and I am looking forward towards a smooth editing process and hopefully a much better final product.
Comments
Post a Comment