Post Production 2

 With all the filming for our new and improved movie finished it was time for me to begin the editing process. Even though this time around I had some actual experience editing in Premier Pro I still had feeling that with the addition of the new scenes like the new scene of the ghost appearing and the stabbing scene. 

  For the most part we used the same form of effects as in our first draft- which were sound effects and suspenseful music- however, because of our experience in our first draft we were able to improve our use of the sound effects in a way that is successful in creating the intended effect on the audience.   

When focusing on the use of the sound effects in the new draft the improvement is evident. Not only did we use sound effects for things we previously did not implement sound effects for. One example of this would be the scene where the paranormal activity begins with lights flickering. This time around, we found a perfect royalty free light flickering sound effect on YouTube. After importing the audio into Premier Pro, I had to place it in at the right time stamp while making sure the sound crescendos away on time. It ended up fitting well which made me more confident going forwards.  

Another major difference between our final draft and our first draft was the scene where the ghost appears and then possesses Muhammad. The major difference between these scenes in the different drafts is the camera angles we used. When the scene begins, Muhammad walks into the room to grab his phone. In the first draft we used the same mid-shot camera angle which transforms into a two-shot angle when the ghost appears. We used the same mid-shot angle in our final draft to show Muhammad walk into the room but then when Muhammad when to pick up his phone we had it cut to a high-angle shot in front of Muhammad making it an over-the-shoulder shot of the ghost who appears behind Muhammad when the angle switches. From that same high-angle shot we filmed the rest of the scene which included: Muhammad trying to grab the machete, the ghost then possessing Muhammad, then possessed Muhammad unsheathes the machete and walks out the room towards the front door. Shooting this scene with these angles did not only provide for a smoother more frightening scene but the high-angle allowed for a better view of everything that was going on.  When it came to the possession scene, I used the same technique with the dissolve transition effect that I used in the original draft to make it seem like the ghost went inside Muhammad’s body possessing him.  

Further improvements were made in my timing with the suspenseful music. At least in my opinion, I believe that I did a pretty good job in having the suspenseful music crescendo in at the right time, I timed the climax of the sound with the action in the movie correctly, and I ensured that each sound effect would not interfere with another.  

Overall, the editing process this time was a lot more enjoyable. This was mostly due to my experience from the first draft along with the fact that I naturally improved my editing skills after spending a fair amount of time working with the software. Also, I was able to receive lots of great tips and tricks on Premier Pro from YouTube tutorials. However, not only was the editing process a lot more enjoyable this time around butour movie is a lot more enjoyable now and does not break any rules from the rubric anymore. 

Comments